Making the job of Executor, Administrator, Trustee and Probate easy for you
Whether you are a fiduciary or beneficiary, we can help you
Exclusive focus on probate, estates & trusts · 20+ years of experience · Various retainer options available
Phone: (631) 425-7299
Wills as Estate Planning Tools
Protect Your Estate with a Will, trust and other applicable documents
- The distribution of real and personal property upon your death—You can designate who is in charge of your Estate, your burial, that specific items of property go to certain individuals (specific bequests), or you can also designate that all or some of your assets be sold, with the proceeds divided among your heirs. You can also name charitable organizations as beneficiaries of your estate.
- The payment of final debts and taxes—Your will customarily grants your executor the authority to settle any outstanding debts and to ensure that inheritance or estate tax filings are completed.
- The care of minor children, or of adults for whom you act as guardian or conservator
Contact the Law Office of Bonnie Lawston
We represent clients nationwide, if you are a fiduciary (executor, administrator, or trustee) an heir or beneficiary of a New York estate. If the decedent died in New York or has assets in New York State, we can help you. If you are chosen to represent the estate or if you are receiving an inheritance from a New York estate, contact our law firm today.
There are Two Types of New York Estates
- The Decedent resided in NY at the time of death and their domicile is New York at the time of death; or
- There are assets located in NY, at the time of death, and an ancillary proceeding is needed. The Decedent may have died elsewhere.
Bonnie Lawston dedicates her practice to making the job of the Executor, Administrator, Trustee and Probate or Administration process easy for you. Whether you are a fiduciary, beneficiary or heir, we can help you, protect your interests and maximize your inheritance. The firm has represented individuals throughout the United States and in New York, throughout long island including but not limited to Huntington, Melville, Syosset, Sag Harbor, Garden City, Mineola, Bayshore, Dix Hills, Oyster Bay, Belle Terre, East Norwich, Muttontown, Cold Spring Harbor, Huntington Bay, Lloyd Harbor, Pt. Jefferson, Pt. Washington, Glen Head, Glen Cove, Bayville, South Hampton, Hampton Bays, to name a few, in matters dealing with Estate and Probate administration. For more information, contact Law Office of Bonnie Lawston at 631-425-7299 for a free consultation.