The Role of the Executor
Making the job of Executor, Administrator, Trustee and Probate easy for you
Whether you are a fiduciary or beneficiary, we can help you
Exclusive focus on probate, estates & trusts · 20+ years of experience · Various retainer options available
Phone: (631) 425-7299
The Role of the Executor
Your Role as an Executor, Administrator or Trustee
Traveling to NY to Settle an Estate is Not Necessary
Legal Help to Carry out Your Fiduciary Obligations
- File the appropriate court proceeding in Surrogate’s Court
- Marshal, inventory and protect all the assets, while maximizing the estate’s assets
- Collect all debts owed to the estate
- Pay all claims and valid debts of the estate in the appropriate order
- Make the appropriate distributions; file the necessary accounting documents
- Close the estate and file the appropriate tax forms
Comprehensive Estate Administration Services and Local Resources
- Initiating probate or the estate administration process: We will prepare and file the necessary forms with the court to begin the process and obtain jurisdiction over all the parties concerned in order to obtain your appointment as the executor or administered of the estate, including the appointment of trustees, guardian ad litem, opening the estate bank account and obtaining an estate tax identification number, just to name a few examples of our services.
- Securing the home and possessions: We work with contractors who are on call to assist in securing the home and property. We contract with cleaners, real estate and construction professionals to prepare the house for sale etc. We obtain estimates and supervise the work. We provide our clients with full documentation regarding the state of the property and personally oversee all work.
- Appraisal of antiques and valuables: We will ensure valuables are placed in secure storage. We arrange for professional appraisals of antiques, art., coins, jewelry and collections.
- Sale of home: We work with an experienced New York real estate broker to obtain maximum value for homes that are sold as part of the estate. We will prepare all the papers for the sale, conduct the sale and transfer.
- Non-trust property: We assist trustees with implementing a pour over trust, and with probating assets that were not covered by a trust. We will also collect the non-probate assets and non-trust assets by filing the appropriate papers with the court.
- Estate Taxes: We work with an accountant who specializes in probate and estate taxes.
- Closing the estate
New York Legal Representation for Ancillary Proceedings
Call an Experienced NY Estate Administration & Litigation Attorney
Here you can create the content that will be used within the module.
Contact the Law Office of Bonnie Lawston
Contact us today or call our office at 631-425-7299 or 24/7 at 855-479-4700 to set up a free initial consultation. Our offices are located in Huntington.
We represent clients nationwide, if you are a fiduciary (executor, administrator, or trustee) an heir or beneficiary of a New York estate. If the decedent died in New York or has assets in New York State, we can help you. If you are chosen to represent the estate or if you are receiving an inheritance from a New York estate, contact our law firm today.
There are Two Types of New York Estates
- The Decedent resided in NY at the time of death and their domicile is New York at the time of death; or
- There are assets located in NY, at the time of death, and an ancillary proceeding is needed. The Decedent may have died elsewhere.
Bonnie Lawston dedicates her practice to making the job of the Executor, Administrator, Trustee and Probate or Administration process easy for you. Whether you are a fiduciary, beneficiary or heir, we can help you, protect your interests and maximize your inheritance. The firm has represented individuals throughout the United States and in New York, throughout long island including but not limited to Huntington, Melville, Syosset, Sag Harbor, Garden City, Mineola, Bayshore, Dix Hills, Oyster Bay, Belle Terre, East Norwich, Muttontown, Cold Spring Harbor, Huntington Bay, Lloyd Harbor, Pt. Jefferson, Pt. Washington, Glen Head, Glen Cove, Bayville, South Hampton, Hampton Bays, to name a few, in matters dealing with Estate and Probate administration. For more information, contact Law Office of Bonnie Lawston at (631)425-7299 for a free consultation.