Retainers for Probate & Estate Administration
How can I afford to pay for an attorney to help protect my rights in an estate?
I need assistance to help me administer my uncle’s will and take care of his assets, but I cannot afford an attorney right now.
If you need to take care of your loved one’s affairs while ensuring that those left behind are not financially pressured or left in debt, we can help you. The Law Office of Bonnie Lawston, P.C. is a full-service firm, and you do not sacrifice quality just because you chose a different type of retainer.
Upon your case evaluation, which can sometimes be completed after the first phone contact or email, we may be able to offer various payment options:
- Deferred retainer (no money for legal fees due upfront and paid upon the collection of estate assets or at the distribution stage)
- Contingent retainer
- Hourly rate retainer
- Flat rate retainer
- Retainer fee arrangements (pay initial fee and as billed)
Many of our estates are on a deferred retainer arrangement.
The retention of an attorney should not be the hardship. We can assist you in a variety of ways:
- Securing the property
- Preparing property for sale, whether you are in NY or not
- Securing your appointment to the filing of the accounting after collection of assets
- Settlement of liabilities
- Distribution to heirs
You must contact our office to determine what type of retainer you qualify for, as every estate is different.
There is no money due upfront for retainers
You do not need to travel to New York
to serve as an estate executor or trust administrator
- Prepare and file all court papers
- Conduct all necessary litigation
- Marshall and secure all estate assets
- Prepare all assets for sale or transfer
- Prepare the accounting
- Prepare and file all closing documents and much more
- Obtain all releases and assist with distribution
- Estate litigation, if necessary
- Trusts, will contests and probating wills
- Filing administration proceedings when a decedent left no will
- Estate accounting
- Spousal election matters
- Will construction matters
- Removal of fiduciaries for fraudulent or wrongful actions
- Filing motions and objections to remove an executor or administrator
Handle the Estate from the Comfort of Your Home
A large percentage of our clients contact our office because they receive personal attention from our attorneys and they do not need to leave the comfort of their home if they do not choose to do to so. This is especially helpful if you live out of state and do not want to or cannot travel to New York to deal with the New York estate. We will do everything for you and assist you. If you are an executor or next of kin, we will prepare all the necessary papers for you to be appointed as the representative of the Estate as well as handle the closing of the real property etc. You do not need to come to New York. If you are a beneficiary or heir of a New York estate, we will represent your interests and make sure that you receive your entire inheritance and ensure that the fiduciary of the estate conducts him or herself properly while maximizing your inheritance by taking advantage of every tax law possible.