Long Island Attorney with More Than Two Decades in Practice
Experience Probate, Intestacy Administration Estates and Trust Lawyer on Long Island
Trust, Estate and Probate Litigation | Trust, Estate and Probate Administration
At the Law Office of Bonnie Lawston, we have provided comprehensive estate and probate counsel to clients throughout Nassau County, Suffolk County and the greater New York area for more than 30 years. We focus our practice on estate and probate matters, representing heirs, executors, administrators and personal representatives in a wide range of estate and probate disputes. We can help you navigate the estate administration process, even if you are an out-of-state executor of an estate being administered in the state of New York.
We provide special discounts to SUNY members, as well as members of the armed forces, police officer, firefighters and health care workers. We also offer a senior citizen discount. Our offices are located in Huntington and Brookhaven, but we will come to your home to meet with you, if necessary.
An Overview of Our Practice
We offer full-service legal counsel in matters involving:
- Probate, trust and estate administration—We will walk you through the probate process, helping you prepare an accounting of all debts and assets, oversee payment of all final debts and taxes, and distribute all property in accordance with the terms of the will. We also assist clients with estate and trust administration.
- Probate, trust and estate litigation—We handle disputes related to the administration or probate of an estate, including allegations of breach of fiduciary duty, will and trust contests, beneficiary claims, and disagreements over the division of real property and other complex assets.
- Business counsel for professional entertainers—We provide confidential estate planning, real estate and business counsel to a number of well-known entertainers.
Other Related Legal Services that We Provide
Out-of-State Executor Attorney
If you are a fiduciary (executor, administrator, or trustee), an heir or a beneficiary of a New York estate, we can assist you. In fact, we represent clients nationwide. We can help you If the decedent died in New York or has assets in New York State. If you are chosen to represent the estate or if you are receiving an inheritance from a New York estate, contact our law firm today.
There Are Two Types of New York Estates
- The decedent resided in NY at the time of death and their domicile is in New York at the time of death.
- There are assets located in NY at the time of death, and an ancillary proceeding is needed even though the decedent may have died elsewhere,
Find out more information about out-of-state probate help.
At the Law Office of Bonnie Lawston, we provide comprehensive counsel to out-of-state heirs and executors, including ancillary administrators in proceedings in the state of New York. We will help you take the proper steps to be appointed as personal representative in an ancillary proceeding in New York, and will guide you through the process, so that the New York property can be properly distributed.