Long Island Attorney with More Than Two Decades in Practice
Experienced Estate Probate Lawyer on Long Island
Estate and Probate Litigation | Estate Administration
At the Law Office of Bonnie Lawston, we have provided comprehensive estate and probate counsel to clients throughout Nassau County, Suffolk County and the greater New York area for more than 20 years. We focus our practice on estate and probate matters, representing heirs, executors, administrators and personal representatives in a wide range of estate and probate disputes. We can help you navigate the estate administration process, even if you are an out-of-state executor of an estate being administered in the state of New York.
We provide special discounts to SUNY members, as well as members of the armed forces, police officer, firefighters and health care workers. We also offer a senior citizen discount. Our offices are located in Huntington and Brookhaven, but we will come to your home to meet with you, if necessary.
An Overview of Our Practice
We offer full-service legal counsel in matters involving:
- Estate litigation—We handle disputes related to the administration or probate of an estate, including allegations of breach of fiduciary duty, will and trust contests, beneficiary claims, and disagreements over the division of real property and other complex assets.
- Estate and trust administration—We will walk you through the probate process, helping you prepare an accounting of all debts and assets, oversee payment of all final debts and taxes, and distribute all property in accordance with the terms of the will. We also assist clients with trust administration.
- Business counsel for professional entertainers—We provide confidential estate planning, real estate and business counsel to a number of well-known entertainers.
Contact the Law Office of Bonnie Lawston
Out-of-State Executor Attorney
We represent clients nationwide, if you are a fiduciary (executor, administrator, or trustee) an heir or beneficiary of a New York estate. If the decedent died in New York or has assets in New York State, we can help you. If you are chosen to represent the estate or if you are receiving an inheritance from a New York estate, contact our law firm today.
There are Two Types of New York Estates
- The Decedent resided in NY at the time of death and their domicile is New York at the time of death; or
- There are assets located in NY, at the time of death, and an ancillary proceeding is needed. The Decedent may have died elsewhere
More information about out-of-state probate help.