New York and Long Island Estate and Administration Attorney
Making the job of Executor, Administrator, Trustee and Probate easy for you
Whether you are a fiduciary or beneficiary, we can help you
Exclusive focus on probate, estates & trusts · 20+ years of experience · Various retainer options available
Phone: (631) 425-7299
Administration, Probate and Estate Information
Administration, Probate and Estate Information
How can I afford to pay for an attorney to help protect my rights in an Estate?
I need assistance to help me administer my uncle’s Will and take care of his assets, but I cannot afford an attorney right now?
These are all concerns that we live with every day and we need to take care of our loved one’s affair while ensuring that the those we leave behind are not financially pressured or left in debt. We can help you. We are a full-service firm and you do not sacrifice quality just because you chose a different type of retainer.
Upon your case evaluation which can sometimes be completed after the first phone contact or email, we may be able to offer you a deferred retainer (no money for legal fees due upfront and paid upon the collection of estate assets or at the distribution stage), contingent retainers, hourly rates and flat rate retainers and retainer fee arrangements (pay initial fee and as billed) are all a possible option. Many of our Estates are on a deferred retainer arrangement.
The retention of an attorney should not be the hardship. We can assist you from securing the property, preparing same for sale, whether you are in NY or not, securing your appointment to the filing of the accounting after collection of assets, settlement of liabilities and distribution to heirs. You must contact our office to determine what you qualify for as every estate is different. Just like people, each one has its own needs and issues that are different to others.
“Being in the entertainment business, I have been associated and worked with many law firms over the last two decades, and to be quite honest have found none easier or more pleasant to work with than the Law Office of Bonnie Lawston. She has always without exception come through for me when called upon in her expertise and service. Bonnie is a true professional in every way and I would be selfish in trying to keep her law office for myself. If indeed one needs a lawyer in her field of legal matters, it would be self-seeking of me not to honor the Law Office of Bonnie Lawston with a five star recommendation.”
— Royal Wade Kimes, Country Western Singer
Frequent Updates on Case Status in Modern Times!!!!
Since nearly everyone has an internet connection today, email, texting, scanning, faxing and overnight mail keeps us in touch with clients everywhere and allows us to communicate quickly, easily and often with clients about their case. When you seek our help, you will find that every estate and client receive personal attention. Attorney Bonnie Lawston is personally involved in all the cases the firm handles and oversees the progress of each one. We do travel as needed.
Full Service Law Firm
Working with an Array of Professionals to Benefit the Estate: Complete Inexpensive Service with the Highest Quality
We work with other professionals in many areas that assist us in the administration of an estate to help serve the estate (and you) who are licensed, experienced tax specialists and estate CPAs, real estate brokers who deal with estate sales and contractors who repair and renovate the houses, when necessary, to obtain top dollar for the estate and heirs, and many more. These companies and individuals are hand-picked by our office and continue to serve our clients because they are the best in their field. We want you to have every resource available to you so that you obtain the best result possible on your case and maximize your interest, whether that is a fiduciary or a beneficiary
Probate and Estate Administration, Trust Proceedings and Estate Litigation – you do not need to travel to NY to serve as an executor or administrator
- Prepare and file all court papers
- Conduct all necessary litigation
- Marshall and secure all estate assets
- Prepare all assets for sale or transfer
- Prepare the accounting
- Prepare and file all closing documents and much more
- Obtain all releases and assist with distribution
- Estate litigation, if necessary:
- Our casework extends to matters involving trusts, will contests, probating wills, filing administration proceedings when a decedent left no will, reviewing and preparing living wills, health care proxies, wills and power of attorney documents, estate accounting, spousal election matters, will construction matters, removal of fiduciaries for fraudulent or wrongful actions, filing motions and objections to remove an executor or administrator and many other related issues.
- A large percentage of our clients contact our office because they receive personal attention from our attorneys and they do not need to leave the comfort of their home if they do not choose to do to so. This is especially helpful if you live out of state and do not want to or cannot travel to New York to deal with the New York Estate. We will do everything for you and assist you. If you are an executor or next of kin, we will prepare all the necessary papers for you to be appointed as the representative of the Estate as well as handle the closing of the real property etc. You do not need to come to New York. If you are a beneficiary or heir of a New York estate, we will represent your interests and make sure that you receive your entire inheritance and ensure that the fiduciary of the estate conducts him or herself properly while maximizing your inheritance by taking advantage of every tax law possible.
Contact a New York Estate & Trust Administration Attorney
At the Law Office of Bonnie Lawston, you can rely on our extensive experience to protect your legal rights and best interests. There is no charge for initial consultations to find out how we can help you. We offer percentage, hourly and deferred payment retainers, where approved. Call our office at (631) 425-7299 to arrange an appointment.
We represent clients nationwide, if you are a fiduciary (executor, administrator, or trustee) an heir or beneficiary of a New York estate. If the decedent died in New York or has assets in New York State, we can help you. If you are chosen to represent the estate or if you are receiving an inheritance from a New York estate, contact our law firm today.
There are Two Types of New York Estates
- The Decedent resided in NY at the time of death and their domicile is New York at the time of death; or
- There are assets located in NY, at the time of death, and an ancillary proceeding is needed. The Decedent may have died elsewhere.
Bonnie Lawston dedicates her practice to making the job of the Executor, Administrator, Trustee and Probate or Administration process easy for you. Whether you are a fiduciary, beneficiary or heir, we can help you, protect your interests and maximize your inheritance. The firm has represented individuals throughout the United States and in New York, throughout long island including but not limited to Huntington, Melville, Syosset, Sag Harbor, Garden City, Mineola, Bayshore, Dix Hills, Oyster Bay, Belle Terre, East Norwich, Muttontown, Cold Spring Harbor, Huntington Bay, Lloyd Harbor, Pt. Jefferson, Pt. Washington, Glen Head, Glen Cove, Bayville, South Hampton, Hampton Bays, to name a few, in matters dealing with Estate and Probate administration. For more information, contact Law Office of Bonnie Lawston at 631-425-7299 for a free consultation.