Experienced Long Island Probate and Estate Lawyer
Probate and Estate Administration | Handling Estates with or without a Will
When a loved one has died, with or without a will, there’s often a great deal of uncertainty about how the estate will be settled. A proven New York estate and probate attorney can help simplify the process for you, so that you can meet all the legal requirements and settle the estate in a timely manner, in accordance with the decedent’s wishes. Attorney Bonnie Lawston can help.
Rely on an Experienced Probate Attorney for Estate Administration
At the Law Office of Bonnie Lawston, we concentrate the bulk of our practice on trust, estate and probate administration. We have a comprehensive understanding of the laws and legal procedures governing the probate process in New York. When you retain us to guide you through the probate process, we will help you:
- Prepare a thorough inventory/accounting of all property of the estate, including bank accounts and insurance, real and personal property, investment and retirement accounts, and business assets
- Notify all creditors of the estate and compile a list of all debts owed by the estate
- Notify all potential beneficiaries of the estate
- Determine the fair market value of all property of the estate, obtaining valuations when necessary
- Ensure the payment of all final debts of the estate, as well as the filing of all necessary tax returns
- Monitor the actions of executors, administrators, personal representatives or other fiduciaries of the estate to ensure they are not breaching any legal duties
- Oversee the orderly distribution of the assets of the estate, either in compliance with the terms of the will, or with the New York intestacy laws (in the event there is no valid will)
Though we focus our practice on trust, probate and estate administration, we can advise you on legal disputes, such as will contests or other trust litigation issues.
The Benefits of Hiring Attorney Bonnie Lawston to Help Administer an Estate
When you bring us into the trust, probate or estate administration process at an early stage, we can help minimize mistakes or misunderstandings, which can in turn minimize delay and ensure that all parties receive maximum distribution from the estate. We can also give you peace of mind, knowing that the proper steps are being taken to ensure the orderly settlement of the estate.
Contact the Law Office of Bonnie Lawston, P.C.
At the Law Office of Bonnie Lawston, we have successfully worked with individuals in Nassau County, Suffolk County and across the state of New York for nearly 30 years. We focus our practice on matters related to trust, probate and estate administration, working with New York residents, as well as out-of-state executors of New York probate estates.
We provide special discounts to SUNY members, as well as members of the armed forces, police officer, firefighters and health care workers. We also offer a senior citizen discount. Our offices are located in Huntington and Brookhaven, but we will come to your home to meet with you, if necessary.
Estate Administration Probate Attorney, New York