You are a Beneficiary or Fiduciary of an Estate
Making the job of Executor, Administrator, Trustee and Probate easy for you
Whether you are a fiduciary or beneficiary, we can help you
Exclusive focus on probate, estates & trusts · 20+ years of experience · Various retainer options available
Phone: (631) 425-7299
The Importance of Hiring an Attorney if You Are a Beneficiary or Fiduciary of an Estate
Why do you need to hire an attorney if you are a beneficiary or fiduciary (executor, administrator or trustee)?
As a fiduciary of the estate
As a beneficiary of the estate
When is a fiduciary allowed to take their commissions?
What are the fiduciary commissions?
- For receiving and paying out all sums of money not exceeding $100,000 at the rate of 5 percent.
- For receiving and paying out any additional sums not exceeding $200,000 at the rate of 4 percent.
- For receiving and paying out any additional sums not exceeding $700,000 at the rate of 3 percent.
- For receiving and paying out any additional sums not exceeding $4,000,000 at the rate of 2 1/2 percent.
- For receiving and paying out all sums above $5,000,000 at the rate of 2 percent.
Set Forth by the Surrogate Court Procedure Act. Sec. 2307.
Contact the Law Office of Bonnie Lawston
Contact us today or call our office at 631-425-7299 or 24/7 at 855-479-4700 to set up a free initial consultation. Our offices are located in Huntington.
We represent clients nationwide, if you are a fiduciary (executor, administrator, or trustee) an heir or beneficiary of a New York estate. If the decedent died in New York or has assets in New York State, we can help you. If you are chosen to represent the estate or if you are receiving an inheritance from a New York estate, contact our law firm today.
There are Two Types of New York Estates
- The Decedent resided in NY at the time of death and their domicile is New York at the time of death; or
- There are assets located in NY, at the time of death, and an ancillary proceeding is needed. The Decedent may have died elsewhere.
Bonnie Lawston dedicates her practice to making the job of the Executor, Administrator, Trustee and Probate or Administration process easy for you. Whether you are a fiduciary, beneficiary or heir, we can help you, protect your interests and maximize your inheritance. The firm has represented individuals throughout the United States and in New York, throughout long island including but not limited to Huntington, Melville, Syosset, Sag Harbor, Garden City, Mineola, Bayshore, Dix Hills, Oyster Bay, Belle Terre, East Norwich, Muttontown, Cold Spring Harbor, Huntington Bay, Lloyd Harbor, Pt. Jefferson, Pt. Washington, Glen Head, Glen Cove, Bayville, South Hampton, Hampton Bays, to name a few, in matters dealing with Estate and Probate administration. For more information, contact Law Office of Bonnie Lawston at (631)425-7299 for a free consultation.