“I have known Bonnie Lawston for many years and have called upon her legal expertise on numerous occasions. Ms. Lawston is always well prepared, extremely knowledgeable, tenacious, thorough and sensitive to our needs. I get personal attention every step of the way, which is comforting and reassuring in these hectic and sometimes stressful times. Ms. Lawston has handled many transactions for me, both professionally and personally. Bonnie Lawston has been an especially valuable resource on matters dealing with estate and trust administration, related estate matters of all kinds, as well as proactive estate planning, real estate, and business transactions of various kinds while putting the client’s interest first.” Read MoreJohn Edward - World Leading Psychic Medium
Let our office help you – we have the experience that you will benefit from. “Law” is in our name “Bonnie Lawston” for a reason — we are your best choice.
Have you lost a loved one who lived in New York or had assets in New York but you live in or outside of New York?
Is the estate cash poor but property rich?
Are you concerned about how the executor or administrator is handling the Estate and trust, if applicable?
Bonnie Lawston dedicates her practice to making the job of the Executor, Administrator, Trustee and Probate or Administration process easy for you. Whether you are a fiduciary, beneficiary or heir, we can help you, protect your interests and maximize your inheritance. For more information, contact the Law Office of Bonnie Lawston at 631-425-7299 for a free consultation.
Whether you are a fiduciary or beneficiary, we can help you.
Exclusive focus on probate, estates & trusts · 20+ years of experience · Various retainer options available
Phone: (631) 425-7299
- No money upfront
- No monthly bills
- Legal fees paid from the inheritance
- If your loved one passed away and you have no liquid funds, we can help you
- If the decedent died in New York or has assets in New York State, we can help you
Our Estate Practice
We offer representation on a broad range of estate matters, including:
- Estate and probate litigation—Will and trust contests, fiduciary actions and the protection of beneficiary rights. Read More
- Probate and Estate administration—The commencement of legal proceedings and admission of the Last Will and Testament of a decedent in probate, as well as trust administration. Read More
- Administration—The settling of an estate without a will through legal proceedings. Read More
- Ancillary administration – Commencement of legal proceedings secondary to the primary legal proceedings to allow for the settlement of estate assets located in the State of New York. Read More
- Out-of-state clients – People who are heirs, beneficiaries or fiduciaries (executors, administrators, trusts) to New York Estates. We represent your interests and will assist you in the New York estate matter. Read More
- Estate planning—The preparation and execution of effective estate planning documents, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney and healthcare proxies. Read More
We also handle matters related to elder law, the sale and purchase of residential and commercial real estate and business in New York, and the legal needs of celebrities. To learn more about the full scope of our practice, visit our New York,Long Island estate administration overview page
Did your loved one die without a Will?
- We know how to search for the Will and the databases and institutions to research for same.
- We can also prepare the necessary papers to have you appointed as the representative of the estate, temporarily or permanently, locate the Will, and other estate documents including assets.
- We will safe guard and protect the estate assets if you are in New York or live outside of New York.
- We will take the necessary steps to secure all the assets.
Do you need a Will? Living Will? Trust? Health Care proxy? and some estate planning advise?
We can certainly assist you:
We represent clients nationwide, if you are a fiduciary (executor, administrator, or trustee) an heir or beneficiary of a New York estate. If the decedent died in New York or has assets in New York State, we can help you. If you are chosen to represent the estate or if you are receiving an inheritance from a New York estate, contact our law firm today.
There are Two Types of New York Estates
- The Decedent resided in NY at the time of death and their domicile is New York at the time of death; or
- There are assets located in NY, at the time of death, and an ancillary proceeding is needed. The Decedent may have died elsewhere.
Trust an Experienced Estate Planning Lawyer
When disputing an estate matter, you must pay close attention to the time constraints for filing legal action. If you fail to challenge a will or trust, or its administration, within the statutory period, you can lose your rights. You must, therefore, contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible. Bonnie Lawston has successfully handled estate matters for clients on Long Island for more than two decades. She works with clients across Long Island, including Melville, Huntington, Syosset, Sag Harbor, Garden City, Mineola, Bayshore, Dix Hills, Oyster Bay, Belle Terre, East Norwich, Muttontown, Cold Spring Harbor, Huntington Bay, Lloyd Harbor, Pt. Jefferson, Pt. Washington, Glen Head, Glen Cove, Bayville, South Hampton and Hampton Bays.