Attorney Bonnie Lawston
New York Estate Administration & Probate
Long Island, New York Estate and Probate Attorney Bonnie Lawson represents clients throughout New York State and the U. S. with the administration of Nassau, Suffolk, & Queens Counties estates.
The types of estate cases we can help you with are:
- Fiduciaries of estates where the decedent was domiciled in New York at the time of death.
- Fiduciaries of ancillary estates, decedent had New York based assets
- Beneficiaries and heirs on all types of New York estates including ancillary estates
- Real Estate – Sale and purchase of residential properties
- Sales of businesses
- Real estate
- Business transactions
- Formation of corporations, LLCS and other like entities
Attorney Bonnie Lawston handles all types of estate and trust matters including litigation. Her practice extends from probating simple wills and the administration of small estates to large complex multimillion dollar estates and trusts. She will assist you as the executor, administrator, trustee, beneficiary or heir and make sure that you not only fulfill all your fiduciary duties, but also maximize your inheritance.
When you seek our help, we make sure that you also understand each step as the process as it unfolds by providing as much information as we can so that you are comfortable with our legal services and you can make informed decisions regarding your loved one’s estate and most of all in carrying out their wishes. We will ensure that assets pass on according to the decedent’s expressed desires and receive all the tax benefits available. We work with clients to protect their interests and the best interests of the estates and do so with the least amount of expense and exposure to tax liability. We want to maximize your inheritance.
If you are simply inheriting funds of an estate, we will scrutinize the records and actions of the estate’s fiduciary to ensure that your rights are fully protected and that the fiduciary has complied with all the applicable laws so that you receive all the funds that you are entitled to.
Bonnie Lawston is an experienced attorney with over 20 years as a litigator. She is a certified member of the Guardian Ad Litem Panel for Surrogate Court in Nassau and Suffolk Counties. She is also a certified member of the 18B Family and Criminal Court Panel for Suffolk County Courts, and a member of the Referee Panel for Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
For most of her career, Ms. Lawston has been involved in estate planning, drafting and execution of wills, trusts and related documents and extensive administration of probate and administration proceedings for decedents and their families. She has years of real estate experience selling and buying homes and businesses, which is a great asset in handling estates for clients. Bonnie Lawston can always be reached on weekends, evenings and holidays and every client can count on receiving personal attention. The Long Island Law Office of Bonnie Lawston is committed to serving you.
Areas of Practice
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Trust Administration
- Estate Administration
- Elder Planning
- Wills/ Living Wills/Trusts
- Real Estate
- Estate Litigation & Protecting interest of heirs
Bar and Court Admissions
- Connecticut, 1993
- New York, 1994
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Suffolk County and Nassau County Guardian Ad Litem Panel for Surrogates Court, Certified Member-Guardian Ad Litem
- 18B Criminal Law and Family Law Panel for Suffolk County, Certified Member
- Referee Panel for Nassau and Suffolk County, Certified Member
- Willregistry.info, Co-Founder
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, Huntington, NY, J.D. – 1992
- Long Island University- CW Post Campus, Brookville, B.A., Criminal Justice Law, Honors: President of Criminal Justice Association